Prof. Dr. Michael Kopel
University of Graz, Institute of Organisation and Institutions, Universitätsstraße 15, A-8010 Graz
Tel: +43 316 380 7187
Organizational design, performance measurement and market interaction. Economics of strategy. Application of information economics and game theory to study this topic, including strategic interaction, incentives, contracts, and institutions.
|1997||Habilitation, Business Economics and Management Science, Vienna University of Technology, Austria|
|1993||Doctorate of Management Science, Vienna University of Technology, Austria (with honours)|
|1989||Diploma in Management Science, Vienna University of Technology, Austria|
|1987||Diploma in Actuarial Mathematics, Vienna University of Technology, Austria|
Present and past positions
|Since 2009||Full professor at Institute for Organization and Institutions, University of Graz|
|2003/2004||Head of the Department of Managerial Economics and Industrial Organization, Vienna University of Technology|
Associate Professor for Managerial Economics and Management Science, Vienna University of Technology
- Dawid, H.; M. Kopel (2003): A comparison of exit and voice relationships under common uncertainty, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, Vol. 12 (4), 531-555.
- M. Kopel; C. Riegler (2006): R&D in a Strategic Delegation Game Revisited: A Note, Managerial and Decision Economics, 27(7), 605-612.
- Kopel, M., C. Löffler (2008): Commitment, first-mover, and second-mover advantage, Journal of Economics, 94(2), 143-166.
- Dawid, H., M. Kopel, P. Kort (2010), Innovation Threats and Strategic Responses in Oligopoly Markets, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 75, 203-222.
- Kopel, M., C. Löffler (2012): Organizational governance, leadership, and the influence of competition, Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), 168(3), 362--392.
- Kopel, M. and B. Brand (2012), Socially Responsible Firms and Endogenous Choice of Strategic Incentives, Economic Modeling, 29, 982-989.
- Kopel, M., and L. Lambertini (2013): On price competition with market share delegation contracts, Managerial and Decision Economics, 34(1), 40-43.
- Dawid, H., M. Kopel, P. Kort (2013), New product introduction and capacity investment by incumbents: effects of size on strategy, European Journal of Operational Research, 230, 133-142.
- Dawid, H., M. Kopel, P. Kort (2013), R&D Competition versus R&D Cooperation in Oligopolistic Markets with Evolving Structure, International Journal of Industrial Organization, 31, 527-537.
- Kopel, M. and M. Marini (2014), Strategic Delegation in Consumer Cooperatives under Mixed Oligopoly, Journal of Economics, forthcoming.