Prof. Dr. Michael Kopel
Organizational design, performance measurement and market interaction. Economics of strategy. Application of information economics and game theory to study this topic, including strategic interaction, incentives, contracts, and institutions.
|1997||Habilitation, Business Economics and Management Science, Vienna University of Technology, Austria|
|1993||Doctorate of Management Science, Vienna University of Technology, Austria (with honours)|
|1989||Diploma in Management Science, Vienna University of Technology, Austria|
|1987||Diploma in Actuarial Mathematics, Vienna University of Technology, Austria|
Present and past positions
|Since 2009||Full professor at Institute for Organization and Institutions, University of Graz|
|2003/2004||Head of the Department of Managerial Economics and Industrial Organization, Vienna University of Technology|
Associate Professor for Managerial Economics and Management Science, Vienna University of Technology
- Dawid, H.; M. Kopel (2003): A comparison of exit and voice relationships under common uncertainty, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, Vol. 12 (4), 531-555.
- M. Kopel; C. Riegler (2006): R&D in a Strategic Delegation Game Revisited: A Note, Managerial and Decision Economics, 27(7), 605-612.
- Kopel, M., C. Löffler (2008): Commitment, first-mover, and second-mover advantage, Journal of Economics, 94(2), 143-166.
- Dawid, H., M. Kopel, P. Kort (2010), Innovation Threats and Strategic Responses in Oligopoly Markets, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 75, 203-222.
- Kopel, M., C. Löffler (2012): Organizational governance, leadership, and the influence of competition, Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), 168(3), 362--392.
- Kopel, M. and B. Brand (2012), Socially Responsible Firms and Endogenous Choice of Strategic Incentives, Economic Modeling, 29, 982-989.
- Kopel, M., and L. Lambertini (2013): On price competition with market share delegation contracts, Managerial and Decision Economics, 34(1), 40-43.
- Dawid, H., M. Kopel, P. Kort (2013), New product introduction and capacity investment by incumbents: effects of size on strategy, European Journal of Operational Research, 230, 133-142.
- Dawid, H., M. Kopel, P. Kort (2013), R&D Competition versus R&D Cooperation in Oligopolistic Markets with Evolving Structure, International Journal of Industrial Organization, 31, 527-537.
- Kopel, M. and M. Marini (2014), Strategic Delegation in Consumer Cooperatives under Mixed Oligopoly, Journal of Economics, forthcoming.